Bartel Grassland needs active and ongoing restoration to enhance habitat value for native plants and animals and to protect water quality. Volunteer groups play a key role in the grassland’s stewardship efforts.
By volunteering with us, your group can:
- join with others to increase the livability of your community now and for future generations.
- get outdoors in a beautiful natural area.
- connect to nature in your neighborhood.
- enjoy a hands-on learning experience.
We provide tools, snacks, water and guidance to ensure a safe, enjoyable and productive day.
Some areas where you can help include:
- ecological monitoring,
- research projects,
- art/design, photography,
- newsletter (writing/editing stories),
- prairie planting,
- seed harvesting/cleaning,
- invasive plant control,
- oral history recording,
- and more…..
Learn more about the volunteer opportunities and our upcoming trainings in late June and July 2011
To learn more or to discuss how we can best involve your group in our efforts, contact: